It takes two to tango, as they say. In feminism, both women and men align with one another to battle toxic, patriarchal systems and attitudes. As feminism views all genders as equal, it’s a no-brainer that if you date a feminist, the relationship will be one of equality, parity, and emotional safety.
1. Feminist partners see women’s full potential – they want you to succeed. A feminist partner will see your strengths and will do everything in their willpower to support you and help you rise to the occasion. Being able to empower positive potential in women is part and parcel of what feminism strives for.
2. Feminist partners are unafraid of women’s power – this means that a partner who shares and aligns with the feminist cause and values will be unafraid to let you take the lead. We all have our skills and our strengths, and someone who can not only recognise that, but helps create an inviting space in which you both can play on one another’s power, is key.
3. Feminist partners will share everything equally – and that is right down to support at home with domestic chores and caring for children. Feminist partners see themselves in an a-gendered way which liberates them from toxic mindsets like ‘a woman’s place is in the kitchen’.
4. Feminist partners like women – this is tantamount to all relationships involving female-identifying partners. A lot of men tend to have less favourable opinions on women, often sleeping with them but not actually liking them as people. You need to be with someone who loves you and likes women overall for the relationship to thrive.
5. Feminist partners will be emotionally secure with their own feelings – many men internalise a form of toxic masculinity that limits how much they allow themselves to emotionally feel. Feminism encourages men to know it’s natural to cry, laugh, and love. Being with a partner who shares and owns their feelings is an emotionally freeing relationship to be in. Natasha says, “I’ve been married twice and married a feminist the second time around; it’s a revelation! My husband has no hang-ups about being a man, and this means I’m unafraid to express my feelings as we both see feelings as a-gendered.”
Are you a male/female business team who believes in Feminism? List your business on the No 1 Feminist listings directory today and join the growing number of Feminist Businesses worldwide.