In business, Power is really where it’s at. Power to connect with people who want to buy your product or service, power to enact change through your business and power to create wealth for yourself and for others. But power in business is all too often ensnared with masculinity, from drinks at the Golf club to the business card battles of American Psycho, the two are seen as one and the same. But power doesn’t have to be that way. At Genderbuzz, we believe that Feminism in business is Power so embrace it with theses top tips.
- Speak up and speak out– it can be anywhere – on social media, in daily conversation, or whatever it is, find relief in letting your messages be bold and unique. Although it may be challenging at first, being brave and speaking out and showing the who you are to the world is invigorating will become soon become second nature.
- Know your purpose and stick to it– don’t deviate from your purpose as that’s the reason you’re in business in the first place. Keep reminding yourself why you started your business with mantras, tweets and Instagram posts. Continuing to be guided by your core purpose will keep you powerful and directed.
- Approach people you admire in business– connections are the lifeblood of all businesses. Mix with other successful people who share similar goals and build strong, long-lasting connections. Don’t be afraid to say hi even to people you have never met before – Do it in real life and do it online. Telling others what your business is helps to vocalise your ideas and makes them seem more real to you. That’s Powerful!
- Listen to your intuition and inner voice and act upon it– when you rely on your intuition, you begin to trust yourself more and value your approaches and decisions. This makes you feel innately powerful and means you’re on the way to being a good businesswoman and leader.
- Surround yourself with successful people – yes, it’s a cliché but success really does breed success. When you surround yourself with successful people their energy rubs off on you, inspiring you to achieve more and push harder in your mission. So seek out other successful women and let some of their magic dust rub off on you!
Genderbuzzis a platform created by women, built by women, and led by women. We are the number one feminist search directory, Genderbuzz deliberately moves the spotlight on gender in working towards a female-led and female-positive business world. Does that sound like something you’d like to be part of, then check out the benefits of listing your business here